Saturday, August 21, 2010

Airport Boredom

Oh hai guys.

I'm sure Quail has kept you sufficiently amused or awed by her array of awesome shirts. :D I know I definitely want some of those.

But an update..I'm currently sitting in the airport...waiting for my flight. Me being the super experienced traveler I am (insert eyeroll), I thought getting to the airport and standing in line to check baggage and getting through security would take at least an hour and a half.

Shows what I know.

Hurhur so here I sit..and watching ANTM is getting boring...so I decided I might as well flex my linguistic muscles, which have been sitting latent for the past six months or so.

The hawk has been roosting uncomfortably in a three-story lab for the past ten weeks. And when I say roosting, I mean standing up for 9ish hours a day, playing with dangerous chemicals and getting liquid nitrogen thrown at me (one of my labmates seems to find that funny). But finally, FINALLY, I'm migrating back home. Not that hawks migrate. Do they? Gawd I need to take a ornithology class if I'm going to keep the name of this blog respectable.

In other news, it'll be good to go home and be able to wake up AFTER 9 AM. Though I've still got a crapton of data to analyze...but that can wait. Expect some exciting stories from the reunion of your two favorite birds. :)

No comments: