Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Truffles, Asparagus Gruyere tart, Watermelon lime punch

I haven't posted for too long, but I have been making food, in addition to getting my act together. Roundup of the week:

Truffles, which ended up much soupier than expected, so they had to be served frozen and were more like frozen balls of extremely rich chocolate ice cream (no complaints here)


Watermelon lime mint punch, which was pretty pulpy but quite delicious! The watermelon wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked, but it was still good with sparkling water mixed in.


Asparagus Swiss tart (there was no gruyere at the grocery store, unfortunately)
The puff pastry made this quite delicious and also quite oily. It was all worth it, though.

In other news, I may start a daily sketch portion of the blog for the foreseeable future. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Ed said...

i find your posts hilarious as well. also i enjoy food pictures very much!

lastly i would like to buy a shirt from you, kthxbai

Flailing Quail said...

Thanks!
Let me know which shirt you want, and I'll see if I can put it online for sale somewhere

Ed said...

i'd like the bird one from august 16th post and lion from august 7, if possible, thanks! w00t

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flailing Quail said...

Hey Ed, sorry about the wait!
The bird one is available here:
http://www.mysoti.com/mysoti/designer/flailingquail/product/961619/flailingquail--tshirt--Flock

And the lion one:
http://www.zazzle.com/lion_around_tshirt-235560940859014664